For the purposes of The Data Protection Act 1998 “the Act” the data controller is Kays Weddings, 21 Crewe Road, Shavington, Crewe, Cheshire CW2 5JE.
Kays Weddings is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Kays Weddings may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 27 June 2018
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your names
- Contact information including address and email address
- Information such as guest names, dates and time of engagements, weddings etc
- Other information relevant to offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs, create your personalised wedding products and provide you with a better service. We may periodically use the information to:
- Keep internal records.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use ‘cookies’ and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our website. ‘Cookies’ are a small file that we put on computer if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site. The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies which allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors, and see how our visitors move around the site.
A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. However, we will not be able to provide you with a personalised experience if we cannot recognise you but we want to make you aware that these tools exist.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.